In order to fully enjoy the day we recommend you take a little time to prepare yourself, your equipment and your bike.
- Fitness / Training Sessions
- Bike Maintenance
- Participant Checklist
- Route Descriptions
Fitness / Training Sessions
The fitter you are beforehand, the more you will enjoy the day. If your not confident heading out alone or just want to company of other riders, check out your local bike shop as most organise “shop rides” which are free to join and are a great way to get to know your local trials and find cycling buddies.
It is essential for your own safety, and that of fellow riders, that your bike is in good working order. The last thing you want is your bike letting you down on the day. Our sponsors Mountain Mania are offering free bike safety checks to registered participants, in the weeks leading up to the event. If you are in any doubt please take them up on this offer.
62 Wantage Rd,
Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 0BY
Last year many riders were caught out by the weather, finding themselves under dressed and under prepared. Please ensure you are carrying:
- Helmet conforming to CE standard EN1078. No helmet no ride.
- A form of identification showing your name, address and the contact details of a person to be advised in the event of an accident.
- Mobile phone
- Clothing conducive to the expected weather
- Spare inner tube (or two!)
- Basic bike tools / puncture repair kit
- Speed Link (in case of broken chain)
- Water bottle (water will be available on route)
- Sun cream
- Energy snacks
- Route Map OS 174 (1:50 000) or OS 170 (1:25 000)
The rides will be way marked and marshalled throughout. However it is advised that you familiarise yourself with the route of your chosen ride. A description of each ride is given here together with links to MapMyRide where each route may be viewed in detail.
You will also find a file for each route that may be downloaded for viewing in Google Earth.