You have applied to enter the following:
Terms & Conditions of Participation
I / My Family (hereby referred to as “I”) hereby agree to participate in this event under strict adherence to the terms set out below.
I agree that:
- All minors must be accompanied by their responsible adult during their ride. The safety of any child is the sole responsibility of their responsible adult who must not allow the child to cycle so far in front or fall so far behind, as to lose oversight of the child’s safety. The 25 and 35 mile rides are not open to minors;
- Neither the organisers, their agents, officials, helpers, land owners, sponsors, nor fellow competitors shall be liable in any way or in any circumstances for any damage or injury that may be suffered or caused either before, during, or after participating in the event;
- Participants should be in good health and participate in this event entirely at their own risk;
- Participants must wear a CE approved hard shell helmet at all times and be suitably prepared for the prevailing weather. No Helmet, No Ride, No Exceptions!
- Participants must not indulge in any actions which may endanger themselves or other participants, spectators, event officials, or members of the public;
- Participants are requested to respect the countryside, some of which is private land used with the kind permission of local landowners;
- Participants should rely on their own ability to deal with all trail hazards and ensure their bike is in good working order at the time of the event;
- The Uptonogood is a non-competitive event and participants are required to be courteous when overtaking. Should a participant witness an accident or breakdown, it is incumbent on them to offer support if needed or report the incident to the nearest marshal;
- Participant finishing times/places will not be published in accordance with Police advice;
- When cycling on a road, participants must abide by The Highway Code and should not cycle more than two abreast;
- Participants are not permitted to have their own ‘personal’ support vehicle;
- Participants must register on the morning of the event no later than 30 minutes before their ride start time, in order to receive their entry number;
- Participants must sign out on their return to Upton. If not returning to Upton for any reason a phone call is required to notify the organisers of the participants retirement from the event;
- By entering this event you agree that photographs or videos taken of you and/or your family by our approved photographers can be published for sale on the photographer’s website and may be used for promotional purposes by the event organisers;
- Personal accident insurance and/or third party liability insurance is NOT provided by the organizers. It is incumbent upon participants to provide their own insurance, such as that provided by British Cycling or the Cyclists’ Touring Club.
Your statutory rights are unaffected.